12.21.2009

Who needs a Santa hat?

Hollis' great-grandmother sent him a pair of fuzzy and silky baby-blue rabbit ears this past Easter. He loved them for one day, then promptly forgot about them... until a couple of days ago when he rediscovered them in a toy box.

Since then it's been rabbit ears all the time everywhere.













I don't know if you know what happens when a rosy-cheeked toddler in an argyle cardigan and Yoda t-shirt wears blue rabbit ears in public, but I do: people wave from cars, they smile in restaurants, and their faces generally split into a wide grin as they whack the person next to them to "Look at that!"

I don't bring this kind of cheer into the world, I don't even know how. And I am beyond proud that on any given day I have in my hand a smaller, warmer one which belongs to someone that does.

I'm thinking this little guy is gonna be just like his cousin when he gets older, too.

11 comments:

  1. That is absolutely PRICELESS!

    Maybe it is his way of honoring the Easter Bunny when everyone is thinking about Santa?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is tooooooooo cute!!!
    My fav pic is the one in the boots and the ears - the expression on his little face is PRICELESS!!
    Just imagine the personality he is developing!
    Thanks for Sharing!!!

    Tami G

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love your answer to the mailman's why. Because he wants to. It just sums it up perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute! Love the boots and ears one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bunny ears are good any time of year. We have a pair ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. I bet you that he'll take a shine to the antlers right around Easter time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, he's too cute, Jsesica! Love the bunny ears and his awesome sweater - and your bathroom!!! LOVE YOUR BATHROOM!!!!! And your nephew? TOO CUTE!!! Awww!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO cute. I would love to see him in his bunny ears eating his pancakes; it would totally make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love It. I also love the boots one, and I would love to see him peeking over at me, too. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I don't bring this kind of cheer into the world, I don't even know how. And I am beyond proud that on any given day I have in my hand a smaller, warmer one which belongs to someone that does."

    First, that was a really lovely thought about the "smaller, warmer one". Second, YOU DID BRING THAT INTO THE WORLD! You get at least some credit! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these pics! Our kids can put such a smile on our faces!

    ReplyDelete