Why even mention this? Well, because it's wonderful to receive comments from readers, but a pain in the ass when you can't personally respond to them. Other blog-hosting sites have a "leave an email address" built in to the comments section, but Blogger doesn't. It leaves it up to you to flip that switch, which leaves many awesome comments unresponded to except in the same comments stream - and I'm not so certain that many people come back to a post just to see if there are any comments to their comments.
So, without further ado, I'm going to share with you Lindsey's tutorial (minus images - you'll have to go to her blog for that).
1. Click on the Customize link in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
2. Click on the Dashboard link in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
3. Click on Edit Profile, which is on the left hand side of the screen next to your picture.
4. This will take you to the Edit User Profile screen.
5. Look in the Privacy section.
6. Check the box that says, "Show my email address".
7. In the Identity section, enter in an email address.
8. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on Save Profile.
When you add your e-mail address in the above spot, it does not change the e-mail address that you use to log-in. I'm assuming that most of you have a personal e-mail address and generic blog e-mail address. I entered my generic blog e-mail address in that spot. My personal e-mail address is still where I receive notifications of new comments and it is what I use to log in to blogger.
I hope this everyone updates their accounts so that I can give better and more frequent responses to their thoughtful and smart comments.