4.06.2009

Menu Plan: Week of April 6th

So, after last week's money debacle Anthony and I put Plan B into effect. We signed up for Mint.com per a couple of friends' suggestions (thanks Bri and Tom) and we agreed to start doing our finances together (as opposed to just me). Anthony will be the "manager" and is responsible for making sure we stick to the plan. I am the executor of said plan and handle all the monies. We will pay bills together (read: Anthony participating from the couch with me at the computer) and I will start taking out cash for groceries each week. This week, we allotted $200. So far, I've spent $40 and I still need to get this week's food.

Mon: Rosemary Tuscan chicken (this will happen tonight, although, I could be a lying)
Tues: Portobello panini with herbed goat cheese (we've had this once before and it's delish)
Weds: Ratatouille
Thurs: Quinoa pasta with tomato and veggies
Fri: Provençal vegetable soup
Sat: Linguini with chipotle-cherry pork sausage, and red-pepper chard
Sun: BBQ short-ribs

UPDATE:
WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THIS WEEK:

Mon: Rosemary Tuscan chicken (this will happen tonight, although, I could be a lying) I did this instead.
Tues: Portobello panini with herbed goat cheese (we've had this once before and it's delish) Goat cheese was moldy: instead I made Hot Cheese Sandwiches with Portabello Mushroom and Arugula
Weds: Ratatouille (Update: as per the norm for this seek, I didn't have an ingredient for this -the eggplant- so I used butternut squash instead. It was FABULOUS. I actually liked it better!)
Thurs: Quinoa pasta with tomato and veggies (aka leftover ratatouille)
Fri: Provençal vegetable soup
Sat: Linguini with chipotle-cherry pork sausage, and red-pepper chard Ate at Mom's
Sun: BBQ short-ribs Quinoa with roasted-pepper sausage and red bells in paprika cream sauce, with a side of sauteed brussel sprouts (Update: Wholefoods was out of the chipotle-cherry sausage - pfft. And of course I forgot to buy the pasta)

1 comment:

  1. Very impressed with the menu. Mine are never that intense. Can I come over for some lessons?

    ReplyDelete