4.13.2009

Menu Plan: Week of April 13th

The whole $200 cash per week thing worked out well last week. I spent $182 on food and household items. I spent $90 for food and baby stuff this weekend so I've got to be pretty frugal the rest of the week considering I need shampoo, TP, and paper towels (that's gonna take a big bite out of my budget).

I accidentally bought pork loin last week instead of short ribs so at least I have some fancy schmancy meat to cook with (although, I'm not all that crazy about pork - sigh).

Friday can't come fast enough, though, because that's another pay day. Yay for pay days!!!

Here's what I got:

Mon: L/O (sorry, Anthony, but you'll be having more soup tonight)
Tues: Roasted pork with chipotle-maple glaze
Weds: Pork and mango lettuce wraps
Thurs: Chipotle pork tacos
Fri: Cajun shrimp boil
Sat: Pantry raid
Sun: L/O

Making more to store with the pork has shrunk my weekly grocery list to a quarter of what it usually is (yay!). Hopefully it'll save a bunch of $$$, too.

As a side note, my eczema has been killing me this past week, therefore this week's meal is based on whole foods only. No condiments that aren't made from scratch, no mysterious fish sauces or seasonings. Also, no allergens like gluten, lactose, or citric acid (made from Aspergillus). Next week will be much of the same. And the week following that. And the week following that. I'm already 4 hours late on my air humping appointment today, so I gotta get to it.

Peace out.

Update:
Mon: L/O (sorry, Anthony, but you'll be having more soup tonight) Update: Egg salad sandwiches with homemade potato chips (I forgot we had Easter eggs!)
Tues: Roasted pork with chipotle-maple glaze, acorn squash and red onion Update: Oh SNAP! I outdid myself with this one!! Here's the recipe.
Weds: Pork and mango lettuce wraps Update: Wow!
Thurs: Chipotle pork tacos Update: Wow wow!
Fri: Cajun shrimp boil Update: This was freakin' AWESOME
Sat: Pantry raid Update: Papa Murphy's pizza - and I paid for it, too, if ya know what I mean...
Sun: L/O

No comments:

Post a Comment