Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of this divine dish. You'll have to use your imagination.
Roast pork loin with a chipotle-maple glaze and vegetables
Prep time: a little more than an hour
- 1-1.5lb pork loin
- 1 acorn squash, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, cut into quarters
- 1/2 can of chipotles in adobo sauce, chilies chopped
- 3/4c pure maple syrup
- 1/4c olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Rinse and pat dry the pork loin. Place in roasting pan, fatty side up. Generously salt and pepper exposed side.
- Add 2-3T water to pan. Cook until slightly golden brown, approximately 20 minutes, adding water if pan becomes dry. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, combine chipotles in adobo sauce, maple syrup, and olive oil in large bowl. Taste for spicy/sweetness and adjust accordingly. Add veggies and toss well to coat.
- Add veggies and sauce to pork roasting pan. Either top pork with veggies or place around meat, depending on how much room you have in your pan.
- Cook for 45 mins or until pork registers 145-150 degrees. Remove meat and let rest for 10 minutes. If veggies are still el dente, cover with tin foil, and put back in oven on high heat while meat rests.
- Slice meat into medallions and serve with wedges of squash and onion.