7.27.2010

I still feel like I need to make excuses



With BlogHer ramping up en force and it only being a couple of weeks away I feel like I should apologize for the white noise I've been posting.

I am fucked up, y'all.  I can't bring myself to write.  If I'm not parenting (i.e., during naps) I'm on the couch either sleeping or watching TV.  Seriously.  It's all I can do.

Family, I'm going to officially ask you to stop reading this blog.  It's nothing personal, I just want to reclaim this space - a space I never really stamped as my own from the beginning, but I'm doing it now - in order to work through the next few months.  I'll continue posting on the private Tumblr account with Hawk updates, but this blog has morphed into a Jessica-log more than a Hawk-log anyway. 

I'll put warning headers up for the next several weeks, possibly months, because I don't think anyone reads everything I post on here and this little notice might get passed up.  If you choose to read anyway, don't mention it to me.  I love you guys.

Friends, you'll be reading things you probably think I should have called you to tell you about, but I can't muster the energy to make more phone calls.  Just be patient with me.  I love you, too.

Readers, maybe you'll still be there by the time I post meaty things again... I surely hope you are.  You all rock.

So, till things start clicking again, I guess I'll see some of you in NYC.  And please, no one worry.  I'm doing fine and so are Rooster and Hawk.  Things are just changing, that's all, as things tend to do.

xo
Jess

PS: Who's going to NYC?  I don't want to miss a single lovely lady while I'm there.

8 comments:

  1. Well lovely lady I'm here, always reading and I can't wait to meet you, hug you, drink with you, have a ciggy with you, and talk to you in NYC next freaking week. CANNOT WAIT. Roomie!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to be there and you won't want to miss me because I am, indeed, lovely. ;)

    It's interesting that you posted this about asking your family to stop reading. I've regretted letting everyone I know, know about my blog and I've felt trapped by that for awhile. This is an interesting approach to a similar issue. Good for you for being bold and stating what you want/need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie, I've missed you! Life has been a little hectic here.

    I am so sorry I won't be in NYC, I would have loved to see you and give you a huge hug! have fun, ok! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not going to NYC, but have fun for me too! I love your blog and I will always be here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care of yourself. And get back to the couch missy! :-)

    Looking forward to meeting you soon. And I'll still be reading here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not going to be in NYC. But I will be jealously following along at home. I've decided 2011 is my year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But, but, but I just found you, won't you continue for me? I'll be here when you get back. Have fun at NYC...maybe next year eh?

    ReplyDelete