11.21.2009

FunAcCanBeFu: Funny Acronyms Can Be Fun


I think I may have posted less this month than any other month and I find it incredibly ironic since so many are doing NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month).

NaBloPoMo happens monthly, but a lot more bloggers seem to be doing it in November, partly, I assume because it was inspired by the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which only occurs in November.

In any case, I've decided to do IComLeavWe (International Comment Leaving Week) to try and get my juices flowing and reconnect with all my bloggy friends whom I have neglected for the last several weeks.

The jist is this: I have to leave 5 comments out there in the ether and respond to one comment left on my blog. Six comments a day for 7 days (from today, the 21st, till the 28th).

And, like Annie at PhD in Parenting, I'm going to up the ante and leave comments on everyone on my blogroll over the next week. I regularly hit about a dozen a week, so this will be a little extra challenging. I think I'll shoot for 10 comments a day on other blogs and respond to 2 commenters of my blog. If I miss a day, I have to double up the following day.

Today is the last day to sign up for this if you're interested!

9 comments:

  1. Good luck! I tend to go in spurts. I comment and comment and comment, then no one hears anything from me for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to comment on my blog, you never do anymore!!!
    I miss seeing you on Twitter too ;(. It's krustythecat btw. Aka Joanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did NaBloPoMo this month because November's the only month when there are PRIZES.
    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy ICLW! I actually enjoy the ICLW each month because I get the chance to visit so many new blogs I know I wouldn't otherwise see. I hope you enjoy!

    I didn't know the had prizes for NaBloPoMo in November. That would probably motivate me, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first ICLW, and I am doing NaBloPoMo. I never comment enough, its something I need to work on. Nice blog. Adding it to the reader!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing both ...ICLW & NABLOPOMO
    though I won't be hitting more than 6 a day for ICLW.
    Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm was so excited to do ICLW and then we decided to head out of town for Thanksgiving, so it's going to be a little bit challenging for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried NaNoWriMo for the third time this year and I am not anything near to being successful there. But I am doing okay with NaBloPoMo (which I do every month) and IComWeLeave. I will be glad when all the initial stuff is over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy ICLW, how re your doing with the chalenge? I have only recently found out about NaBloPoMo, and decided not to atttempt it with the looming book deadline in my future. But I look forward to trying in the future. I am however participating in NaNoWriMo and ICLW. I'm terribly behind in both, but looking forward to some cram sessions and serious catch up.

    ReplyDelete